Guidelines for Overseas and Local Student to Get Admission in Pakistan
In this twenty-first century of science and technology, where the whole world is transformed into a global village, education is much more important to us than that in past. Now a day, without education you can’t be successful or can’t teach different steps of life in this modern era and even in the next few years, it would be much difficult for uneducated people to survive the life of this world. So that is the reason, education is the basic right of every person in this world and has also become a basic or necessary in a 21st century. There is millions of Pakistani who are living abroad. Overseas Pakistani who are living in the Middle east and they are preferred to whether getting their education from western countries or their homeland in Pakistan. It is just because of shortage of universities and other higher education universities especially in medical and engineering field in the Middle East countries. So, almost every overseas Pakistanis who is residing in any country of the world, we have described the opportunities, important guidelines and tips to Admission in Pakistan.
Categories to Getting Education for Overseas Pakistanis: Overseas Pakistanis can avail more opportunities than other local students in the medical universities. If they fulfill the criteria they can easily apply in all the categories of students in Pakistani institutions or universities. Some categories are given below:
- Local Pakistani Student (for open merit or regular seats).
- An Overseas Pakistani (In a case of availability of reserved seats).
Requirements for Admission in Pakistan for Overseas Students:
The basic requirements to take admission in a medical field (MBBS/D-Pharm) in Pakistani universities for international students are as follows:
- There is no age limit for overseas students to take admission in Pakistani universities.
- They should have passed the intermediate of Science i.e. Pre-Medical.
- Should have Higher Secondary School Certificate.
- Subject Combination must be Chemistry, Physics, English and Biology.
- Must have taken at least 660 marks out of 1100. (Adjusted or Equivalent in another case)
- 3 Copies of Prescribed Application Form.
- Attested photocopies of all original documents and photographs.
Requirements to Apply Under Self Finance System:
- Should you have a foreign passport?
- Pak-Birth Proof.
- Entry Test or SAT-II Result.
- NOC to study in Pakistan
Opportunities in Pakistan:
Pakistan is one and only country in the whole world where all the students to have free access easily to more than 20,000 e-journals. There are hundreds of libraries and Punjab University library is one of the biggest libraries in Asia and advanced laboratories where you can go and search your required books and journals related to your studies. There are almost 14 sub Medical fields available after FSc in Pakistan and every field is of very importance including MBBS. Overseas students can also enjoy sports, cultural and given all other attractive facilities same as available for local students. Our universities promising that they are providing quality education of international standard to make their future bright.
Important Tips or Guidelines for Admission in Pakistan:
The process of admission in Pakistani universities for overseas Pakistani’s is same as for local students.
You send your application for admission should be directly submitted to particular universities. Overseas Pakistani’s can also apply for the reserved seats even directly to the universities or through different Governmental Organizations. And for a most important part, entry test is necessary for all the overseas students or local students. Pakistanis universities making a rule that who overseas students must have passed HSSC Pre-medical or its equivalent exam (A’level or 12th grade) with major subjects Physics, Chemistry, Biology and English to take admission in Pakistani universities. No authority of the country is involved in all the admission procedure for overseas students and it is directly handed out by a particular university or institution.
Name of Some Medical Universities:
As there are thousands of medical universities or institution in Pakistan, the name of some institution are as follows:
- Allama Iqbal Medical College in Lahore.
- Dow Medical College in Karachi.
- Fatima Jinnah Medical College in Lahore.
- King Edward Medical College in Lahore.
- Nishter Medical College in Multan.
- Quaid-i-Azam Medical College in Bahawalpur.
- Sheikh Zayed Medical College in Rahimyar Khan.