This is one of my most favorite side dish, Follow these Two Styles Pallay Pakorian and Phulkiyan Recipe. A guaranteed recipe to pleased the whole family. Best served alone.
|Preparation Time||Cooking Time||Serves|
|15 Mins||25 Mins||6|
#1 PALLAY PAKORIAN:
- Soda by carb 1/4 tsp
- Bondi 1 packet
- Yogurt 1 kg
- Papdi crushed 1 cup
- For Tamarind Chutney:
- Tamarind pulp 1 cup
- Brown sugar 2 tbsp
- Cream 1/2 cup
- Caster sugar 3-4 tbsp
- Tamarind chutney 1 cup
- Cabbage 1 cup
- Mash daal flour 1 cup
- Moong daal flour 1/2 cup
- Salt 1 tsp
- Dried ginger 1/2 tsp
- Cumin roasted 1 tsp
- Salt 1/2 tsp
- Crushed red pepper 1 tsp
- Red color 1 pinch
- Mic sugar, yogurt, cream and salt and keep it aside.
- Put mash daal flour and moong daal flour in bowl.
- Now add salt and soda, mix it nicely with water and beat it nicely.
- Then fry it like dahi bharay.
- Now take it out and put in water.
- Then take it out from water and keep it aside.
- For assemble: Spread dahi bharay in platter.
- Then put bondi and put whipped yogurt.
- Put papdi, cabbage and onion on top, sprinkle chaat masala and put tamarind chutney,
- For tamarind chutney: Cook all ingredients together until thick.
#2 DAHI PAKORIYAN | PHULKIYAN:
- Potato medium 1
- Turmeric powder 1 pinch
- Yogurt from Nestle or any other good company 1 pack
- Gram flour 1 cup
- Sugar 1 tsp
- Oil for frying
- Red Chilli powder 1 tsp
- Onion small 1 thinly sliced
- Coriander powder 1 tsp
- Tomato 1 thinly sliced
- Chat Masala 1 tsp
- Red Chilli flakes 1/2 tsp or 1 as per your choice
- Peel potato and cut in cubes. Boil these cubes with a pinch of turmeric till these are tender. Throw away the water.
- Mix yogurt with 1 tsp sugar, salt and 1/4 cup clean water.
- To make pakoriyan, mix gram flour with salt, red chilli powder and coriander powder and then add water little at a time to make a smooth thin paste.
- Heat oil for frying in a wok, now take a slotted spoon with round holes.
- Place it over the wok and pour gram flour mixture on it with the help of another spoon in a way that droplets of the mixture drops in hot oil.
- They will take shape of round small pakoriyan.
- Fry those a little, remove from oil and place over a kitchen towel so extra oil is absorbed.
- Keep on repeating it till whole mixture is consumed.
- Now take a bowl, preferably a glass bowl and add a layer of boiled potatoes.
- Over that pour the yogurt and sugar mixture.
- On that spread a layer of sliced onion and then tomatoes.
- Sprinkle chat masala on it and also red chilli flakes.
- Put it in the fridge till it is chilled.
- At serving time, add a layer of crunchy pakoriyan. Do not spread pakoriyan before serving time or they will become soggy and not crunchy.