Chicken Karahi Recipe is simply very famous specially in Pakistan. We are going to share 6 delicious, spicy and tasteful chicken karahi recipe i.e. simple, lahori, kasoori, dhaba, white and creamy chicken karahi.
INGREDIENTS (Simple Style):
- Chicken – 1 kg cut in 10-12 pieces
- Water – 1/2 cup
- Ginger garlic paste – 1 tbsp
- Chopped tomato – 6
- Salt – 1 1/2 tsp
- Red chili powder – 2 tsp
- Oil – 1/2 cup
- Fried crushed cumin seeds – 1 tbsp
- Ginger flaks – 1 tbsp
- Green chilies – 10
- Fresh coriander – 2 tbsp
- Take a wok, include water and ginger garlic glue, cook for 2 minutes.
- At that point include chicken, broil for 1 moment and include tomato and salt, cover and cook until tomato turns out to be delicate and half chicken is delicate.
- Then add the red chili powder , stir and cook until chicken is tender .
Now , add oil and saute well.
- At that point include cumin seeds, ginger pieces, green bean stew and new coriander, cover and cook for 2 minutes on steam.
- Present with tandoori naan.
INGREDIENTS (Lahori Chicken Karahi):
- chicken 1 kg
- Tomatoes 4 (medium size)
- Yogurt 1/2 cup
- Oil/desi ghee 2 tablespoons
- Salt 1 teaspoon or as required
- Black Pepper Powder 1/2 teaspoon
- Cumin 1/2 teaspoon
- Dry coriander 1/2 teaspoon
- Crushed red chilies 1/3 teaspoon
- Garlic 3 cloves
- Ginger Finely cut in stripes
- Coriander Chopped
- Put the pan on medium warmth. Add chicken to it with garlic cloves and continue mixing for 5 minutes. Include all flavors and a little water so that the chicken does not stick to the pan.
- Now cook the chicken for 15 minutes over high heat with the lid while ensuring that it does not stick to the pan.
- At the point when chicken is half done, include finely chopped tomatoes, yogurt, oil and continue blending on high warmth for 10 minutes.
- Once the oil separates from the sauce , add ginger green chillies and sprinkle with some fresh cilantro Garam Masala. Cover and simmer over low heat for a few minutes.
- Have your chicken karahi with Naan bread and cumin raita!!
Your delicious lahori chicken karahi is ready to eat.
INGREDIENTS (Dhaba Chicken Karahi):
- 4-5 tbs butter
- 3-4 tbs cooking oil
- 2 lb chicken cut into 3 inch pieces
- 1 tbs freshly crushed garlic
- 1 tbs freshly crushed ginger
- 1½ lb finely chopped fresh tomatoes
- 1½ tsp salt (or to taste)
- 2 tsp dry coarsely ground coriander
- 2 tsp coarsely ground cumin
- 1 tsp chopped black pepper
- 1 tsp red chili chopped
- 1 tsp garam masala
- 1 cup low fat yogurt
- 2 tbs dry methi (fenugreek)
- 1 tbs finely sliced fresh garlic
- 6 tbs freshly sliced green coriander
- 3 sliced jalapenos (optional)
- In a little bowl include the salt, dry coriander, cumin, ground dark pepper, chillie pieces and garam masala – dry masala blend.
- Wash the chicken pieces in cool water and deplete.
- Place the butter and oil in a frying pan when the butter melts Add half the chicken pieces and fry chicken until full light turns golden brown, remove to a dish, sauté the second half chicken and remove.
- In the mixture of oil and remaining butter, add garlic and ginger fry for two minutes, then add the tomatoes and half dry masala mixture.
- Blend well and include some water, cook secured until the fluids from the blend become scarce and the blend is bhuned (oil isolates). Continue blending now and again so blend doesnt stick.
- Include chicken and mix in yogurt, cook on medium warmth and bhun once more.
- Add the remaining dry masala mixture (add an additional 1 teaspoon of red chillie flakes and 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper to a hot dish!)
Add 2 tablespoons dry methi (fenugreek) and freshly sliced garlic.
- Blend all around, cooked secured for 5 mins on low warmth, include the meagerly cut ginger, trim with newly cut green coriander and crisp jalapeno.
Your yummy dhaba chicken karahi is ready to serve.
INGREDIENTS (Kasoori Chicken Karahi):
- Chicken 1 kg
- Yogurt 1 cup
- Salt ½ tsp
- Oil ¾ cup
- Onion 3 medium (sliced)
- Ginger garlic paste 2 tsp
- Tomato 2 (chopped)
- Green chilies 3 (chopped)
- Qasoori methi (dry fenugreek leaves) 2 tbsp
- Ginger and green chilies for garnish
- Salt to taste
- Red chili powder ½ tsp
- Crushed red chili ½ tsp
- Red chili ¼ tsp
- Black pepper powder ½ tsp
- Cumin powder 1 tsp
- Coriander powder 1 tsp
- Turmeric powder ¼ tsp
- Garam masala powder ½ tsp
- Marinade chicken with yogurt and salt for 30 minutes.
- Warmth up oil and sear onion until light chestnut. Include ginger garlic glue and sauite for a moment, include sprinkle of water and give a fast blend.
- Put tomatoes and green peppers ; Cook for 3-4 minutes, then add the chicken and all the spices masala karahi . Mix it covers and cooked on high heat for 2-3 minutes or until it begins to bubble . Then reduce the flame to medium slow.
- Cook until chicken half delicate. Presently include qasoori methi (dry fenugreek leaves) and cook again until chicken delicate and water dissipates and oil goes ahead top.
- Trim with cut ginger and green chilies, serve and enjoy.
INGREDIENTS (White Chiken Karahi):
- 1 chicken skinless karahi cut
- 2 tbspns green chilli paste
- 2 tbspns ginger paste
- 12 tbspns yogurt
- 1 cup oil
- ½ cup water
- 2 lemons squeezed
- 4 tbspns coriander
- 2 green chilllies sliced
- 1 large onion (fried and crushed)
- Salt to taste
- 1 tbspn coriander powder
- 1 tspn white pepper
- ½ tspn red chilli powder
- 2 black peppercorns
- 2 cloves
- 1 big cardamom
- 1 tspn cracked black pepper
- 2 tspns fresh Ayesha’s Kitchen Special garam masala
- In a mixing bowl, combine chicken, Masala ingredients, fried onion, chili paste, ginger paste, 5 tbsp yogurt and water. Mix and keep aside for 30 minutes.
- Heat oil and add the marinated chicken. Cook covered for 15 minutes on low heat.
- Take the lid and simmer for high heat stirring constantly adding yogurt remains in intervals . –
- Take It in a dish , pour lemon juice and garnish with cilantro and green chillies . Serve hot with Khameeri roti or naan, raita and salad .
INGREDIENTS (Creamy Chicken Karahi):
- 1 kg chicken
- 1 Tbsp ginger-garlic paste
- 1/2 tsp pepper powder
- 1 Tbsp lime juice
- 1 Tbsp oil
- Salt, to taste
- 2 medium tomatoes
- 2 green chillies
- 1 Tbsp ginger-garlic paste
- 1 tsp chilli powder
- 3 black cardamoms
- 3 cloves
- 1 cup water
- 2 large onion, thinly sliced
- 1/2 tsp ginger, finely chopped
- 3 green chillies
- 2 tsp chilli powder
- 1 tsp turmeric powder
- 3/4 tsp garam masala
- 1/2 tsp kasturi methi
- 1 cup cream
- Marinate the chicken with the mentioned ingredients and keep aside for a while . Grind all the ingredients of tomato paste into a fine paste . In a skillet , fry chicken pieces shallow to light brown.
- In the same oil include onion, ginger and green chilies for sauteing and mix till onion turn brilliant chestnut.
- Include stew powder, turmeric powder, garam masala and kasuri methi.
- Presently include the tomato blend and some water.
- When it bubbles, include seared chicken sorts and blend everything out.
- Pop the lid and cook for 10 minutes over medium heat. Once finished cooking , add a cup of cream to give it a rich taste .
The recipes we have shared hope you like a lot. Leave a reply and like us on facebook.